In this basic self-study course in Ethics, individuals will learn and understand the best practices as a paid tax preparer in a way that is easily understood through examples and methodologies that are appropriate for professionals at all knowledge levels.
This course highlights dos and don'ts as a paid tax preparer, interview techniques, prevention of identity theft, and recommendations that are of most importance to a paid tax practitioner. This course is eligible for 2 hours of continuing education tax law.
Since this is a self-study course, you can complete it at your own pace and on your own schedule. The course consists of video training and literature from the IRS are provided to help you easily grasp what is being taught by the instructor. At the end of the lesson, there will be a review exam that will test your knowledge. Although the review test is not graded or recorded, we recommend that you go through them to help prepare you for the final exam. Answers and feedback is provided for the review test.
This course is for tax professionals of all knowledge levels to help them with properly interviewing a client and what should be implemented in order to reduce identity theft and income tax fraud.
In this course, the tax preparer will learn:
- What best practice information to gather during an interview and to implement as a best practice strategy in his/her tax firm
- The importance of confirming identity and what is considered an acceptable form of identification
- Record retention for tax preparer and tax payers
- What information to retain during an interview
- Review of bank application and other forms